Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup fans can look forward to an exciting season. When round one of ten races takes off on May 11th in Barcelona, 26 pilots from twelve countries line up on the grid, including many hot title contenders with top-notch motorsport resumes. But more and more rookies are also taking on the challenge of the international Porsche one-make series.sebas porsche
Christian Engelhart (Germany/Konrad Motorsport), the vice champion of the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland, is determined to have a decent crack at the title. But first he has to beat two other hot favourites, ex-Formula 1 test pilot Michael Ammermüller (Germany/Lechner Racing Team) as well as Poland’s Kuba Giermaziak (VERVA Lechner Racing Team). In the second year that the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Type 991) is fielded, many young guns are keen to earn their first stripes.
New Zealander Earl Bamber (Fach Auto Tech), the champion of the 2013 Porsche Carrera Cup Asia, has big plans for his first season contesting the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup. The winner of the International Cup Scholarship made his intentions very clear last year as a guest driver in the series, when the 23 year old promptly snatched pole position, turned the fastest race lap and went on the claim second in the race. Bamber competes in the rookie classification which is studded with twelve other highly-talented pilots.
“We are delighted with our strong grid line-up and the increasing number of talented youngsters who recognise that the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup is the ideal launching platform for a professional racing career,” says Jonas Krauss, Manager of the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup. With Alex Riberas (Spain/McGregor powered by Attempto Racing), Connor de Phillippi (USA/FÖRCH Racing by Lukas Motorsport) and Sven Müller (Germany/Team Project 1), three Porsche juniors celebrate their debut in the championship. Klaus Bachler (Austria), another member of Porsche’s junior squad, contests his second season in the series. After scoring his maiden victory last year, Bachler now has his sights firmly set on the title.
Again this season, the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup will run exclusively as support to the Formula 1 World Championship.
Entry list GP Barcelona (Order by starting numbers)
1. Pieter Schothorst (NL/Mc Gregor powered by Attempto Racing)
2. Alex Riberas (E/Mc Gregor powered by Attempto Racing)
3. Chris Bauer (D/Mc Gregor powered by Attempto Racing)
4. Michael Ammermüller (D/Lechner Racing Team)
5. Clemens Schmid (A/Lechner Racing Team)
6. Jeffrey Schmidt (CH/Lechner Racing Team)
7. Klaus Bachler (A/Konrad Motorsport)
8. Christian Engelhart (D/Konrad Motorsport)
9. Christopher Zöchling (A/Konrad Motorsport)
10. Sean Johnston (USA/Team Project 1)
11. Sven Müller (D/Team Project 1)
12. Philipp Eng (A/Team Project 1)
14. Kuba Giermaziak (PL/VERVA Lechner Racing Team)
15. Ben Barker (GB/VERVA Lechner Racing Team)
16. Robert Lukas (PL/FÖRCH Racing by Lukas Motorsport)
17. Connor de Phillippi (USA/FÖRCH Racing by Lukas Motorsport)
18. Bas Schothorst (NL/ FÖRCH Racing by Lukas Motorsport)
19. Earl Bamber (NZ/Fach Auto Tech)
20. Philip Hirschi (CH/Fach Auto Tech)
21. Mario Marasca (I/MOMO-Megatron)
22. Thomas Biagi (SM/MOMO-Megatron)
23. Enrico Fulgenzi (I/MOMO-Megatron)
30. Roland Bervillé (F/Sébastien Loeb Racing)
31. Roar Lindland (N/Sébastien Loeb Racing)
32. Marc Cattaneo (F/PRO GT by Alméras)
33. Come Ledogar (F/PRO GT by Alméras)