Porsche’s hopes of a seventh victory at Spa lie with a pair of impressive factory-backed Pro entries. The full-season Manthey Racing 911 GT3 R leads the line, with two-time Spa winner Romain Dumas certain to add vital know-how to their effort. They will be joined by the KÜS Team75 Bernhard machine of Timo Bernhard, Laurens Vanthoor and Earl Bamber to form a line-up that has won almost every major honour in sportscar racing. Porsche also dominates the Groupe National class, with three of its 991 Cup machines among the four-car field.
#. TEAM. NAT. DRIVER 1 NAT CAT. DRIVER 2 NAT CAT. DRIVER 3 NAT CA.T DRIVER 4 NAT CAT. CAR. CAT.
117. KÜS Team75 Bernhard. DEU Timo Bernhard DEU Platinum Earl Bamber NZL Platinum Laurens Vanthoor BEL Platinum Porsche 911 GT3 R
123. Mülhner Motorsport. BEL TBC TBC TBC TBC Porsche 991 Cup Group National
124. Mülhner Motorsport. BEL TBC TBC TBC TBC Porsche 991 Cup Group National
540. Black Swan Racing USA. Tim Pappas USA Bronze Jeroen Bleekemolen NDL Platinum Marc Lieb DEU Platinum Marc Miller USA Bronze Porsche 911 GT3 R Pro-Am Cup
911. Manthey-Racing. DEU Romain Dumas FRA Platinum Frederic Makowiecki FRA Platinum Dirk Werner DEU Platinum Porsche 911 GT3 R
991. Herberth Motorsport. DEU Jürgen Häring DEU Bronze Edward Lewis Brauner DEU Bronze Wolfgang Triller DEU Bronze Alfred Renauer DEU Silver Porsche 911 GT3 R AM Cup
68. TBD SpeedLover. BEL TBC TBC TBC TBC Porsche 991 Cup Group Nation
Track activity begins on Tuesday 24 July with a three-hour bronze test. This is followed by festivities in the town centre on Wednesday, including the annual parade and driver autograph session. Qualifying will be staged over Thursday and Friday, culminating in the hotly-contested Super Pole, before racing gets underway from 16.30 CET on Saturday 28 July. With 68 GT3 cars embarking on the long road towards glory, the 70thedition Total 24 Hours of Spa will begin in truly spectacular style.
Source. SRO Motorsports Group/Photo. John Patterson