KC Motorgroup Ltd. (KCMG) confirmed today it has taken the difficult decision to withdraw from the first official VLN test, 14th March, and VLN1, 21st March, on safety grounds due to the ongoing developments surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Both KCMG’s #18 and #19 Porsche 911 GT3 R cars will therefore not participate in either of these events, and the team will await further notifications from the VLN organisers with regard to proceeding with its planned VLN programme.
Paul Ip, KCMG Team Owner: “After careful monitoring of the situation in the last 48 hours it was decided the health and safety of all drivers and team members was of the highest priority, in particular with the unpredictable developments of coronavirus across Europe and the rest of the world. Regretfully that left no choice but to postpone our participation in VLN until the situation becomes clearer. When it comes to the safety of our drivers and team members KCMG will take no chances. We look forward to resuming racing activities as soon as possible.”
Matt Howson, KCMG Sporting Manager: “We are of course disappointed not to be participating in the upcoming VLN test and first VLN race, but we accept it is the right decision given the uncertainty surrounding coronavirus, and as a team we must ensure the safety and well-being of all drivers and team members above and before anything else. Our two KCMG Porsche 911 GT3 Rs and the team are prepared and ready to go as soon as the global situation with motorsport events is fully understood.”